Monday, August 25, 2008

Fun in the shower

Okay so not that kind of fun.
I know that shower recaps can be rather dull to read (and sometimes to attend) but my MOH and my fiance came up with a really fun idea (that you can all pinch if you so choose).
She'd had a very intricate and impossible to do game all planned out and upon realizing that there was no way we could do it we all had to start brain storming ideas for something for people to do.

Then my guy suggested getting some black and white pipe cleaners.

And from that came the idea of having each guest make her own cake topper with the pipe cleaners. It was a throw back to the days of kindergarten when you're just given some supplies and allowed to be as creative as you want.

Here are some of the final creations.

I made the little groom and my MOH did the rest

This is my guys, though he also made a pipe cleaner dove.

The giant one with the groom's foot going into the bride's dess was my Mom's. We were all busting a gut laughing at the idea of the poor guys foot getting caught in her hoopskirts.

In hindsight though, we may have been dying of laughter due to the fact that it was a cheese and wine party. Regardless it's much more fun than being poked full of clothespins or having to TP the bride. Oh wait they did that to me as well.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I found you via a web search for other blogging brides.You have a great little blog here!It looks like you were having fun!I am not sure how I am going to deal with the whole shower thing viven that I have been bored at most of the showers I went to.Thank god my mother said she would throw my shower.

Linda said...

That a great idea. A fun little game with potentially great results. Thanks for sharing!

Sarah said...

It looks like you had a blast. The pipe cleaner bride and groom are so cute.

Kara said...

Love the TP dress! What a cute shower game!

Cate Subrosa said...

I agree, shower posts are often boring, but this one was great! What a cute idea (I used to love pipe cleaners as a kid) and how much fun were their creations!