Thursday, October 16, 2008

I won! I won? But I never win anything.

That's right thanks to my witty ways (stop laughing)I have actually won something though it is not wedding related in practically anyway.

A week back or so there was a post at the Rifftrax blog by one Bill Corbett where he posted this picture and asked us to make up a comment:
For some reason I've had "Death be not proud" in my head and this came out:

"Salad? (the lost poem by John Donne)

Salad be not proud, though some have called thee
Healthy and tasty, for, though art not so
For those, who live off thy tasteless lettuce
Come to lust in their dream for a piece of flesh."

So now I get to pick my own little rifftrax for free. This is a great wedding present.

3 comments:

AmyJean {Relentless Bride®} said...

Congrats! that's so cool! I've been lucky since i've gotten engaged and have won twice... after 31 years of not winning, i finally broke the streak- but i was the most shocked than anyone! Enjoy!!!

Linda said...

Congrats! What did you win?

Rachel said...

Oh my gosh - that poem is awesome!! Congrats!

Although, I will say, that I do indeed like salad....