Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Photoshop is fun

I have been a photobucket junkie for a few years now. It used to be that they'd just host my random avatars and other pictures I wanted to share, but they've somewhat recently added an "edit photo" option and I've been using the hell out of it to mess with my wedding pictures.

It's generally just been having fun with the saturation. In this one I can make just the flowers pop utilizing the layer tool: For this one I did some cropping and cranked the saturation the other way. But because of the fact that our skin is still showing I did have to layer that underneath so we didn't look like boiled lobsters.
Okay so this was just a simple macro on the edit site to turn your picture into a cartoon but I like it. It's subtle but still looks like a drawing.
Keeping with subtle, for this one I just totally dropped the saturation, softened it up a bit, oh and totally deleted the background. It's eerie just how similar they all look though.
But the guys can't have all the fun. This was probably my most complicated picture. First I changed the background, then I needed to make myself some green skin so another fun layer. I didn't want to completely make it B&W so somethings would pop.

Then it was just a matter of adding some fog and voila, a spooky bridal threeway.

As a bonus here's a picture I made real quick of the in-laws. I promise it was just for fun, not because I really think they're all a bunch of blood sucking vampires.



Is anyone else planning on getting their proofs and do a little editing themselves? Once you get into it and mess around it really isn't as scary as you'd think (undo is your friend). Even with those really picture perfect professional shots it's still a lot of fun to play and see what you can come up with.

6 comments:

Sarah said...

How totally FUN! Make sure you get the rights to your pictures so you CAN mess around with them !

AmyJean {Relentless Bride®} said...

I love photoshop. I spent all of last night learning how to stamp the photos I take with my name on the bottom... google and photoshop have become my new best friend. Now if i could only learn to cartoonize a picture... :)

The Pissed Off Bride said...

Have never played with it but I guess I should. Looks like fun.

Linda said...

Yes, That's what we did. I also talked my friend into saving herself some money and doing the same thing. Knocked $300 off her photography bill!

Hannah said...

Haha that's awesome. I love doing stuff like that to photos. I mostly do it at picnik.com (it's GREAT!).

I will most definitely be playing around with the professional photos once they are in!

valerie said...

Hehehe, fun times. I love me some photoshop.

I have to edit all of our wedding pics since my uncle took ours. So, photoshop (and lightroom too) is my friend.

I also love actions, which you can download for free on various websites which can turn your photos into polariods, vintagey, super cross-processed, and all that good stuff. That's definitely something I love to play around with.

Once I get them all edited (basic edits), I'll probably do fun stuff like this. Only 150 (give or take a few) to go, haha.