Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Texture

Jenna at That Bride yesterday posted a tutorial on how to texturize a photo and I thank her from the bottom of my heart for it.

I've done a bit of messing around with photoshop in my spare time but I've never tried to add texture to a picture before, til now:

This was my first attempt. I used some grass and weeds behind and of course dropped the saturation like a stone. For a comparison this is what the original looked like.

I wanted to see what I could do with this favorite picture of my tall flower girl:

She's got some gorgeous water hidden behind her. I also played that up by making the background a lot bluer. Here is the original for a comparison.

This last one was a bit more work but I wanted to try something a bit outside of my comfort zone:
This was my layer extrodinare as I wanted to make it look like we were made out of flames but not the whole picture. It involved a lot of boring rearanging, copying, and erasing that I am sure you don't care about. But the original is this.

I can't wait to try a few others, especially once I hopefully get in the rest of the reception pictures (this waiting thing really sucks). I have some really cool Halloween ideas.

Once again thanks so much Jenna, and you guys really got to go check out her tutorial.

3 comments:

Linda said...

I really like the first one. Great job!

Anonymous said...

I also really like the first one! Seeing all these wonderful self-processed photos makes me wish that I had photoshop :P Oh well!

Jenna said...

I'm glad someone liked my little tutorial. I was amazed when my photographer showed me how easy it is to do. What is not easy for me is figuring out how to make it look good.