Friday, January 30, 2009

Beep Beep, Beep Beep

My musical tastes have always been a touch on the strange side. Oh sure I'll listen to the latest top 40 (if I have to) but I grew up with oldies. And I don't mean oldies in the sense of the Rolling Stones or Aerosmith.

Stuff from the 50's and early 60's. It was something I'd pretty much assumed I'd never hear again as radio stations have started to mimic Nick at Night considering songs from the 80's as Oldies (anyone else remember watching Get Smart or F Troop late at night? Can you believe they now show Rosanne?).

But then I found an internet radio station that plays those true old oldies and today they played a song that took me back to that wild youthful days of dancing in a circle while listening to a tape deck. Luckily I'm not the only one entertained with it as I managed to find a youtube video.

It's called Beep Beep by the Playmates and it's horribly addictive. Seriously you'll need a few hours at least to get it out of your head.

2 comments:

Mrs Anne said...

that video made me dizzy!

cute song!

Beep! Beep!

Mrs. Not-so-Domesticated said...

Thank you so much for your thoughts and prayers.Bryson's family is very appreciative. Every prayer helps.