Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Crap Crap Crap

Yesterday I took a lovely picture and had a great topic all ready at hand for you to read. I even ran it through photoshop to clean it up a bit and saved it on my computer.

Then I promptly forgot to upload it onto my photobucket account so right now I have no pretty pictures to show you (well til I get home sometime later tonight) or entertaining anecdotes about my life. I do; however, have some paintings to show off.

This first one I actually did sometime over the weekend. I had a great idea, couldn't wait to put it to canvas but once I was done I hated it. Hated everything about it. Hated the stupid way it didn't do what I wanted it to and hated how I'd wasted canvas.

Yet, after stepping back for a few days I'm starting to like it more.
It isn't by far my favorite, but it doesn't look like a determined inchworm painted it anymore either.

This last one was actually something I just pulled out last night. My best friend sent me a few pictures of nature (including one of a fish, I don't know if I can even do fish yet) and there was one I really liked.

So while my husband was busy killing large and scary things I sat down and painted this in about 3 hours or so.

Now I just have to decide what I want to do with all these paintings I've got flapping about. Maybe I should offer to sell one on the street corner. I could even throw in a folksy wood carving for free.

This embracing your creativity is nice and all, but it sure does make a big mess on the kitchen table.

4 comments:

Chesney said...

You painted these by hand? I am impressed what an "artsy" person you are! I can not draw or paint which makes me really mad! I have learned to do the digital painting thing with Corel Painter X and am getting better with that, hey, if you have no talent - let the computer do it! LOL! Very nice paintings!

AmyJean {Relentless Bride®} said...

Sabrina! You are so talented... definitely nurture this skill. i'd give my 11th toe to have such a skill... (originally i was gonna write, my left leg, but i'm kinda attached to it - no pun intended).. .but seriously. I really envy you for having the skill!

RelentlessBride

Linda said...

I love the last one. I'm impressed! You are very talented.

Jenna said...

How do you work, blog, comment on all the blogs, cook, and paint? I know you do all of those things because I've seen you!