Saturday, March 7, 2009

Picture a Day - Day 94

Shall I Compare Thee to an Orange's Day?
A sonnet for my devoted apple

Shall I compare thee to an orange's day?
Thou art more lovely and more crisp.
With your supple and green skin to say,
Take a bite, even enjoyed by will 'o' the wisps .
When the cool winds of spring do begin,
And flowers shake off their winter fluff ;
I race to the grocery store to find you within,
One, two, three aplenty I can never buy enough.
But your siren call lures me from your place
For you are no apple covered in spots;
But a perfect example to which the eye is drawn ,
My teeth begin this mastication work in lots
And much like hunting season to a fawn,
Before I know it you are completely gone.
Okay okay, no more poetry I promise. I just love apples that much they're worth eeking out a few lines.

Soon our place will be attacked by a wonderful and funny 4 year old, so if I go missing for a few days just assume I'm covered in paint with a few hot wheels jammed in my ears singing the Thomas the Tank theme song for hours on end.

Don't forget to set forward your clocks either. Our weekends were getting to dull anyway, we may as well get rid of an hour or two.

2 comments:

Chesney said...

Oh, that apple looks so good! Have fun with that 4 yr old, and excuse me, I am going to cut up an apple!!

Anonymous said...

Have fun this weekend!