Friday, October 16, 2009

Some Guy Named Bill - I Shuffl'D lonely as a cloud

The third in my series of taking classic literature and injecting some much needed Zombie entertainment into it.

I Shuffl'D lonely as a cloud

That floats on high o'er vales and hills,
When all at once I saw a crowd,
A host, full of brains for meals;
Beside the lake, beneath the trees,

Screaming and running through the streets.

Continuous as the stars that shine

And twinkle on the Milky Way,
They stretch'd in never-ending line
Along the margin of a bay:
Ten thousand saw I at a glance,

Tossing their heads in fearful dance.

Chain link heaved against the groan; but they

were trapped and could never get free:
A zombie could not but be happy,
In such gray matter company:
I gazed -- and gazed -- at the horror wrought

When zombies conquered and all humans were caught:

For oft, when in my shamble I sigh

In vacant or in pensive mood,
They flash upon that inward eye
Which is the bliss of solitude;
And then my stomach with hunger does fill,

As I take a bite out of some guy named Bill .