Saturday, October 10, 2009

Picture a Day - Day 311

Last night my husband and I stopped by the store to pick up some king crab legs. They were having a nice $6.99 a pound sale and it's such a fast easy dinner to make.

My hubby also spotted something else he's been wanting to try for ages.It was, interesting to say the least.

While I had no qualms with breaking it apart and eating the meat on the tail I just couldn't bring myself to suck out the brain part. It was yellow and gooey with what sure smelled like some bile around what I think was the liver.

Normally I'm pretty adventurous, and maybe it was the lack of freshness of our little crayfish but I just couldn't bring myself to eating the parts that my instincts were saying was bad.

Maybe if I ever make it down south during the crawdad time I'll give it a real go.

Have you ever tried crayfish? What's the weirdest thing you've eaten?

4 comments:

Chesney said...

Don't do seafood, yuck! :)

Linda said...

I love crawdads but I won't eat them anywhere but the South. They just don't taste the same.
But they are yummy. And yes I will suck the head :)

Anonymous said...

I think one of the weirdest things I've ever eaten was cuttlefish. After having a bit of it, I realized how allergic I am to seafood that is not fish. Yuck.

Rachel said...

Hmmm... Crawfish are ususally in season here in the spring - like around March and April. I do like them - I think partly because they are seasonal. And the spicier the better!! And like Linda, I too am a brains-sucker! ;-)