Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Baby Introverted

I am excited to announce that the introverted household just got a bit larger yesterday.

We've been expecting this for at least a week, maybe a bit longer, but secretly dreaming of it our whole lives.

While not delivered by a stork, at least the man had a white truck and made sure I signed for it.

Coming in at a bouncing 5 and a half pounds and only one inch tall.

You'll have to be quiet, it gets kinda shy around new noises it's not used to. The packaging it came in really kept everything rather muffled.

I'd like to introduce you all to:

MY NEW LAPTOP!
 I took it on a little walk, getting it used to the house. It became good friends with the coffee table in the living room, wasn't sure what to make of the hot fire thing in the kitchen and was unimpressed by the small black thing that stuck her nose up all over its screen.

It did enjoy the backyard, sucking the heady tree blossom scent into its fan.

And because no techonolgy post is complete without a run down of the specs and other random numbers and letters here we go.
  • It's a Macbook pro (the little apple's a bit of a dead giveaway I'm afraid. Anyone want some apple stickers? I got a ton).
  • 2.4GHz Intel Core i5 processor (no giant blue walking sloth mail man though)
  • 4GB of 1066MHz DDR3 memory
  • 320GB 5400-rpm Serial ATA hard drive
  • Makes the Kessel run in less than 12 parsecs
  • Backlit Keyboard
  • GogoGadget copter port
  • The hot dog champion of Milwaukee
  • Two USH 2.0 ports (Universal Serial Hamster)
  • and a fried egg
Pretty exciting, no? Now I can wander throughout the house watching Essie instead of having her stomp through my small computer/painting/storage room stepping on all in her path.

Now to put on a beret, head to Starbucks and sit there for 5 hours while I pretend that it's 2004 again. Toodles!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I have a baby coming too, hopefully this week. We should set up a playdate.

Mrs Anne said...

roflmao.

best post i've read today!

congrats, i bet you're so proud/excited. :)

Linda said...

Love it. I'm thinking I need one too.