Tuesday, September 20, 2011

The Dragon's Cave

Last year I swore up and down that I would not leave my poor dragon looking like someone buried him up to his neck in front of a spray painted 1980's comedy wall.
Thus began a mad endeavour by my husband to create a dismantable cave to house our dragon as his nostrils flame and smoke billows out of well a hole from behind him because I never bothered creating a hole in his face for the fog machine.

For the past 5 months or so each weekend slowly pieces of wood were sawed, metaled up and screwed into place to create a frame structure so I could go in with foam and paint pot to eh screw it, here are the pictures:
There are some thoughts to maybe make a few stalactites or is it stalagmites? Eh who cares. But that shall be for another year.

Here's a photoshop representation of my dragon's head frolicking and happy in her new home:
The sides are a bit more of a "please don't look too hard at it" but again that can always be fixed later if it's an issue:
One more step to Halloween.

1 comment:

Mama Up! said...

Can I just say wow? We're not big holiday decorators - no time, no zest for it on my part, laziness on my husband's part - but I always am quite taken with the people who are and then go above and beyond store bought skeletons or whatever.