Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Kwanzaa Cake

If you haven't heard of the Kwanzaa Cake I'll wait while you watch this video to get all caught up. Don't worry, no rush.

Truly you must see this in all its WTF glory.



Done?

I have one of those mythical on-line friends who likes to hate that thing so I figured what would be a better ornament than the mythical kwanzaa cake?

It's a fairly easy shape for my husband to cut his teeth on until he gets to the sculpting point of making me a dragon. I want a dragon on my christmas tree damnit!

He make the angel food base poorly frosted, the "acorn" corn nuts along the base, the apple pie filling mercilessly jammed into the hole and the candles to pretend it's Kwanzaa.

Then I pulled out my paints and got to work.

I finished it off with some epoxy in the center to mimic the pie filling gel and then covered it all in a clear acrylic coating so it shined in all its horrific glory.

Hope you enjoy glaring at it Dawn.

1 comment:

Xander Lawson said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.